Click to Home

Go To Search
How do I obtain a permit for a sign?
All permanent signs (e.g., signs identifying a business or community or place of worship) need to comply with the Sign Code requirements as well as obtain design approval from the Architectural and Aesthetic Review Board (AAR). Temporary signs such as real estate, banner, window, contractor, and courtesy (public hearing notice) signs do not need a building permit as long as they conform to the Sign Code regulations.

For signs that do require AARC approval, business owners or their sign contractors must file an AARC application, prior to submitting for a sign permit. The board meets the first Tuesday of each month to discuss. Application submittals must be received two weeks prior to a meeting.

In addition to zoning requirements, the proposed sign must conform to established design standards (e.g., Master Sign Plan criteria) and fit well into the architectural character of the building. A freestanding ground monument must be located on a survey and have surrounding landscaping that beautifies its design.

For more information, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department.

Planning & Zoning

Show All Answers

1. What are the hours of the Planning and Zoning Division?
2. I would like to learn more about current development occurring around the Village. How would I learn more about a specific property?
3. How do I obtain a permit for a sign?
4. How can I find out what Zoning District a specific property has?
5. What is the Zoning for my property?
6. What are the required minimum standards for landscaping on my residential property?
7. I would like to remove a tree from my property. Do I need a permit?
8. When is architectural approval required?
9. When is architectural approval required for new signage?
10. I own a building within the General Commercial Zoning District. What uses are allowed within this district?
11. Where can I find the developement application for rezoning?
12. I am a realtor trying to close on a property. How can I obtain a Zoning Conformation Letter?
13. How do I obtain the flood zone determination for my property?

1050 Royal Palm Beach Blvd.
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
Ph: (561) 790-5100
Fx: (561) 790-5174
Home   Contact Us   RSS   Accessibility    Privacy Statement   Copyright Notice   Sitemap   Powered by CivicPlus